Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2015

What America Means to Me! by Nellotie Porter-Chastain



There are moments when writers struggle to write on a subject that is so sealed in their hearts and minds with knowledge, love, loyalty and gratitude, it becomes an impossibility to write on one segment of the subject without including every other segment. So it is with my writing about what America means to me. 

America is about nature’s beauty, freedom’s beauty, and the beauty of gratitude. In the beginning, when God was creating, within the earth’s overall beauty, he fashioned out an awesome garden for the two humans he made. It didn’t take long for evil to move in and destroy the special sanctuary he’d made for the first humans, and evil grew so quickly that the entire globe had to be covered with water. Life began again.

Blessed to be in many of American states and one foreign country, plus what is available on television and internet, I am fully aware that each country has its own natural beauty and each state in America has its own beauty. As a child, I was privileged to grow up in a state of pure natural beauty and in a small place in that state that is still breath-taking in its beauty. As I grew into adulthood, it has become clear to me that my country, the United States of America is the most incredibly beautiful country in the world. The uniqueness of America’s natural beauty is that when God was making America, he replicated the special places of beauty from other countries here in America. Or, maybe, vice versa. In any case, America has it all. As we travel across this great country, the  natural beauty takes our breath away. This natural beauty was free and renews and replenishes itself.

America’s freedom is the heart beat of America. No other country enjoys the freedom that Americans have. America’s freedom was not free and does not renew and replenish itself. Our freedom was fought for here on our soil and on the soil of foreign countries when they have threatened our freedom. Thousands and thousands of men and women have given their lives to keep us free. Immeasurable amounts of blood have been spilled for our freedom. God’s blessings have been on the United States of America since her birth.

Since her birth and the years of fighting to procure freedom and the continual struggle to keep and protect our freedoms, too many Americans have become like spoiled children. We want the freedom, but we don’t want to do our part to keep it.

It’s not just up to our military. It’s seems that it’s no longer up to our leaders to protect our freedoms. The leadership of America has horribly and sadly failed us. Years ago on television, one of the commercials showed an actor portraying an Indian, with tears running down his face as he sat on his horse, looking over an area covered with litter. I feel like that actor, only with genuine tears, as I listen and watch what is happening to my country.

America’s freedom, the core of our country, has to be kept. The price for our freedom has been high. Each and every one of us has to do our part. What do I do as a senior citizen woman? I always speak admiration for America; I write and make comments on the internet against our foes and for our need to love and protect America. Yes, I am aware that what I write is being read by those “unseen eyes” we all have a fear of, but America is more important that my fear. I want my children and grandchildren to enjoy the freedoms I have enjoyed. I want them to love and respect America as I do.

I am totally grateful for America, the beauty of our country, the beauty and peace of our freedom, for the opportunities to do my part, and my ability to pray for America. In these times, God “bless” America has to be more. God has blessed America-beyond words. Our prayers now should be “God have mercy on America.”

Thank you, God, for America, for the patriots’ dream, and for heroes who did and are striving for our freedom. Thank you for spacious skies, fields of grain,  and mountain majesties. America is no longer undimmed by human tears; our tears run like the wide rivers. God have mercy on America. Please, allow freedom to always ring over our great country. Help us keep our hearts strong in you for America. Amen

America means the beauty that surrounds me and the freedom to enjoy it all. America means freedom–freedom to worship, freedom to live my life without fear, freedom to rear my family to love God and love and respect America. I am blessed to be an American and live in the greatest, most beautiful country in the world.
 
 Nellotie Porter Chastain Author of Breath Of The Mountain  & Choose Life was born in Michigan, reared in southeastern Kentucky, and now lives in Mitchell, Indiana with her husband, children and grandchildren.  nellotieporterchastain.net      Writer & Speaker      nellotiec@gmail.com
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment